woensdag 28 augustus 2019

Today I choose...



We all need some peace and calm in our lives. And one way to get that for me is to pull out my watercolors and just start by making a background. Seeing those watercolors move on my papers is the thing that turns a switch in my brains and have me calm in no time.
Finding that time to get away from all the crazy things going on in the world and your daily life is a choice. I know, we often say: I don't have time because I still need to do this and that oh and this too of course. We can keep running, there is enough to do. But why not choose to take some me time? Taking care of yourself should always come before worrying about a lot of less important stuff. and then I'm not talking about being selfish, but really taking CARE of yourself! Think about it, what can be more important than making sure you are okay? Only if you take care of yourself, making sure you are strong (physically but also mentally) will make it able for you to take on other tasks. 
And as a mum I am telling myself right now: you are lying, your kids will always come first. And they most definitely will. But at the same time I do know that I can't be there for the full 100% if i don't take care off myself...
So today I chose... so I can be strong enough to take on what comes my way.

Iedereen heeft nood aan rust in zijn leven. En voor mij is een van de manieren om dat te krijgen, gewoon aan de slag gaan met mijn aquarelverf. Als ik de verf over mijn papier zie gaan draait er meteen een knop om in mijn hoofd en ik word gewoon meteen rustig.
Tijd vinden om die rust te krijgen en even te ontsnappen aan die drukke gekke wereld is een keuze. En ik weet het wel, er is nog zoveel te doen want dit moet klaar en dat ook nog oh en dan hebben we ook nog dat wat moet afgehandeld worden. We kunnen blijven rondrennen, er is altijd wel iets te doen.  Maar waarom kiezen we zo moeilijk om wat me-time in te lassen?
Voor jezelf zorgen zou altijd op de eerste plaats komen. En dan heb ik het niet over egoïstisch zijn maar echt ZORGEN voor jezelf! Denk er eens over na, wat kan er belangrijker zijn dan er voor te zorgen dat je zelf oké bent? Alleen als je zorg draagt voor jezelf, zorgt dat je sterk bent, zowel fysiek als mentaal, kan je ook zorgen voor al die andere zaken die op je af komen.
En als mama bedenk ik me nu wel: neen, mijn kinderen zullen altijd eerst komen. En dat is ook zo, zij zijn mijn nummer één. Maar ik weet ook dat ik er niet voor hun kan zijn als ik mezelf in de put laat duwen...





Visible Image:

Shop: where you will find all their awesome stamps!
Blog: see all the latest posts here
Facebook GROUP: join in with the banter and enter the 'Show & Tell' Monthly Challenge
Facebook PAGE: give us a like and enter the weekly giveaways

You can also follow Visible Image on
Twitter

Used stamps

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...